1776 has been a McHenry County favorite for over twenty years. Since our beginning, we have embraced the farm to table philosophy, using locally sourced and organically grown food products.
We make our own cured bacon, nitrate free. Gluten-free breads and pot-pies are baked daily.
The Chicago Magazine attributes 1776 as one of the very first and best innovators in wild game dishes for the entire Chicago Metro area.
Buy a Gift Card, eat local, support the community.
Walk or ride your bike and let us know! First drink on us!
1776 has been Zagat rated for 18 consecutive years (since 1997). We have also been the Northwest Herald’s Best of Fine Dining Award winner for 9 years, and is one of the Chicago Sun-Times’ Top 10 Best Restaurant Award winners.
Owned and operated by Andy and Terrie Andresky, who not only met in the restaurant industry, but raised their three kids as part of the 1776 family. Andy is a key figure in the local community food culture, giving lectures, teaching classes, and hosting numerous food and wine events throughout the year.
1776 has been a Wine Spectator National Award winner for 20 consecutive years, (since 1995) and has an incredible, comprehensive wine selection.
- Apr 26, 2016 Cinco de Mayo Special Menu
- Apr 10, 2016 Planit Save! Support the NW Herald and 1776, $40 Gift Certificate for 50% off!
- March 2016
- December 2015
- Nov 9, 2015 Crystal Lake Brewing Beer Dinner (No Turkey Served)
- Nov 6, 2015 Materra Wine Dinner Napa Valley @ 1776
- Nov 3, 2015 1776’s 100-MILE DINNER
- October 2015
- Aug 24, 2015 1776 Featured in McHenry County Magazine